Group Volunteer Interviews
The London Public Library has begun group interviews for volunteers. They have started with 4 potential volunteers in an interview group, but are working to extend that to 8. (See interview forms below.)
The interviewee’s email for the interview group goes out 24hrs in advance and looks like this:
Here are the details for our group interview on x, x th– Central Library, 251 Dundas St. (please confirm your attendance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Time: x :00pm- x :00pm
Location in the building: Lerner’s Room (1st floor – follow the Passageway outside of main library doors towards Dundas St. The room is to your left beside the Wolf Hall Office)
- Welcome and Introductions
- Short Group Interview (questions below)
- Quick stretch break
- Activity (Group planning and presenting)
- Wrap up
Interview questions that might be asked:
- Tell me what about volunteering at the Library/ this position interested you?
- What is something you’ve accomplished that makes you proud of yourself?
- You could give any example, doesn’t have to be academic or work-related
- What is important for a team to be successful? What kind of environment do you like to be a part of?
- What does good customer service look/sound like to you?
- What qualities do you think are important for a good teacher/mentor to have?
- What experience (if any) do you have working with kids/ the public?
- What would you like to get out of your volunteering?
- Examples like -learning a new specific skill, gaining experience, and meeting new people, what matters to you?
Please let us know if you cannot attend, and if you have any questions.